Please contact any of the clergy if you need pastoral help. Give them a call and they will talk to you on the phone or arrange to see you. Contact numbers are available here.
If your family is under stress, there are two local family support organisations you can turn to for help:
Waves is an interdenominational charity which deals with families who are in crisis and have at least one child under the age of 16. They provide a range of support for these families and have a drop-in centre in the centre of the town, open from 9.00am-1.00pm from Monday to Friday. www.wavesseaford.org.uk
Chichester Diocesan Association for Family Support Work provides professional one to one and group support to families in need, particularly lone-parent families. In addition, Knowles Tooth residential centre offers an ideal place in the country for respite holidays and Garton House in Brighton is used for daytime activities. Tel 01273 425 699 or go to www.familysupportwork.org.uk
You can also find lots of useful help online.
If you or someone you know has:
- An alcohol or drugs problem: find help here
- A gambling problem: find help here
- A domestic abuse problem: contact Victim Support in Sussex Tel:0845 38 99 528; 24 hour National help line Tel:0845 30 30 900 www.victimsupport.org; or Women’s Aid, which offers a 24-hour freephone helpline for those suffering domestic abuse Tel:0808 2000 247 www.womensaid.org.uk
- A marriage problem: Talk to one of our clergy or find help from Relate.
- A debt problem: find help here or from Christians Against Poverty, a debt counselling service here
If you have been affected by financial difficulties you may be looking for somewhere to turn to for advice. Do explore the sites mentioned above.
- ADT Healthcare offers a free helpline dedicated to assisting women suffering from drug, alcohol and mental health issues. ADT Healthcare was founded in 2011 by people who overcame drug and alcohol addiction themselves.
We are unable to accept responsibility for the content and services of any external sites on this page nor does their inclusion indicate our support. We include them here by way of a point of contact.