Marriages in St. Leonard’s
If you are considering getting married, we want to welcome you to our church. We would love to share with you in this step of commitment to each other. Couples getting married in our church enjoy a marriage preparation course before their big day.
You can get married in St. Leonard’s Church:
- If you live in the parish;
- Or if one of you was baptised or prepared for confirmation in the parish;
- Or if one of you has ever lived in the parish for six months or more;
- Or if one of you has at any time regularly attended public worship in the parish for six months or more;
- Or if during your lifetime one of your parents has for six months or more either lived in the parish or regularly attended public worship here;
- Or if one of your parents or grandparents was married in the parish;
- Whether or not you are baptised.
How do we begin the process?
You can speak to one of the clergy or contact the Parish Office. Contact details are on the noticeboard in the church or can be found here.
You can also speak to the Verger or member of the congregation who is on duty when the church is open, details can be found here.
Here’s a useful website to help in planning for your big day.