Please contact any of the clergy if you need pastoral help. Give them a call and they will talk to you on the phone or arrange to see you. Contact numbers are available here.
If your family is under stress, there are two local family support organisations you can turn to for help:
Waves is an interdenominational charity which deals with families who are in crisis and have at least one child under the age of 16. They provide a range of support for these families and have a drop-in centre in the centre of the town, open from 9.00am-1.00pm from Monday to Friday. www.wavesseaford.org.uk
Chichester Diocesan Association for Family Support Work provides professional one to one and group support to families in need, particularly lone-parent families. In addition, Knowles Tooth residential centre offers an ideal place in the country for respite holidays and Garton House in Brighton is used for daytime activities. Tel 01273 425 699 or go to www.familysupportwork.org.uk
You can also find useful online help
If you or someone you know has:
- an alcohol or drugs problem: find help here
- a gambling problem: find help here
- a domestic abuse problem: contact Victim Support in Sussex Tel:0845 38 99 528; 24 hour National help line Tel:0845 30 30 900 www.victimsupport.org; or Women’s Aid, which offers a 24-hour freephone helpline for those suffering domestic abuse Tel:0808 2000 247 www.womensaid.org.uk
- a marriage problem: Talk to one of our clergy or find help from Relate.
- a debt problem: find help here or from Christians Against Poverty, a debt counselling service here
If you have been affected by financial difficulties you may be looking for somewhere to turn to for advice. Do explore the sites mentioned above.
A prayer for a financial situation
Lord God, we live in disturbing days:
across the world,
prices rise, debts increase,
jobs are taken away,
and fragile security is under threat.
Loving God, meet us in our fear and hear our prayer:
be a tower of strength amidst the shifting sands, and a light in the darkness;
help us receive your gift of peace,
and fix our hearts where true joys are to be found,
in Jesus Christ our Lord.